Xylan Zinc Rich Coated Fasteners
Xylan Zinc Rich coated Fasteners like Stud Bolts, Screws Nuts, washers & bolts are commonly used in the Automotive, Construction and Wind Power industries where corrosion resistance is of paramount importance.
With the corrosion resistant Zinc Rich coating, Xylan®️ system advantages can be gained with technical advantages compared to galvanic plating, as well as a one stop shopping service provided by WHITFORD.
- The basecoat is a premium inorganic coating containing zinc or zinc-alumium flakes.
- These coatings have excellent corrosion resistance (<1,000 hours SST at 8-12 microns).
- They have an attractive silver appearance.
- The application processes eliminate any problems of hydrogen embrittlement.
- The cost of application is very competitive.
- They are more environmentally friendly because they are free of harmful heavy metals such as Cr-(VI), cadmium, cobalt, lead and nickel.
- With a Xylan topcoat, they offer a consistent good coefficient of friction (µtot of 0.08-0.20).
- Xylan series topcoats can also be combined with zinc-rich coatings to provide even better corrosion resistance and barrier protection.
Xylan zinc-rich coatings may be applied using conventional spray or the dip/spin system, a cost-effective bulk method. Important parameters:
- Application viscosity: 15-30s (depending on application method)
- Cure temperature: 240-270˚C
- Cure time: 15-30 minutes
- Recommended cure: 30 min at 250˚C part-metal temperature.
|Xylan zinc-rich basecoat
|Xylan functional topcoat
≥ 1000 hours
||≥ 1500 hours
||≥ 4000 hours
- *According to Salt-Spray Test (ASTM B117).
- Note: Layer thickness may vary depending on substrate type and application method