Deltatone/seal Coated Fasteners
Delta-Tone 9000 is an inorganic micro layer zinc flake coating. The cured coating has greater flexibility than Delta Protekt KL100 and is therefore more suitable to
be used on components such as springs or spring steel pressings.
Delta-Tone 9000 does not contain any heavy metals such as cadmium, chromium or lead etc. and complies with the requirements of the ELV and RoHS directives.
Delta-Tone 9000 is recommended for high tensile fasteners or other components where hydrogen embrittlement needs to be avoided.
Delta-Tone 9000 provides metallically bright silver coating with a high corrosion protection.
DELTA®-TONE 9000 is a zinc flake basecoat. This basecoat provides highly effective anti-corrosion protection with a relatively thin coating. Like all DELTA-MKS® products, DELTA®-TONE 9000 is free of any harmful heavy metals,
such as Cr-(VI), and conforms to EU guidelines relating to the End-of-Life Vehicle Directive (2000/53/EC) and the Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (2002/95/EC). No hydrogen
embrittlement occurs in the application of DELTA®-TONE 9000. As appropriate, the coating process can be carried out jigged or in bulk.
The outstanding corrosion resistance of Delta-Tone 9000 is derived from various protection mechanisms:
- Sacrificial cathodic protection
- Barrier-effect due to zinc and aluminium flake
- Reaction of binding systems with base
- Consolidation of Delta-Tone 9000 film under corrosion loading
As a result of these corrosion features Delta-Tone 9000 affords higher corrosion resistance in marine and industrial environments than many other conventional corrosion protection systems with comparable coating thickness/weights. Coating with Delta-Tone
9000 will not result in hydrogen embrittlement. Since the stoving temperatures are between 200ºC and 220ºC changes in metallurgy are practically excluded. Delta-Tone 9000 has an excellent penetration capacity combined with extremely good substrate
surface wetting characteristics so that even components of a complicated geometry such as tension springs may be effectively coated.
DELTA-Tone 9000 is used as a base coat on ferrous components processed in a basket or on jigs.
- Products processed in a basket by dip-spin
Bolts, Nuts, Dowels, Clips, Clamps, Tension Springs, Pins, Small Castings as well as other fixing elements for the automotive industry, building industry, Steel construction, and many other industries
- Products processed on jigs by dip-drain or spray
Larger components such as stampings and pressings, large compression springs, chains guide rails, mounting rails, fixing plates trailer couplings connectors, materials handling components etc.
All the more well-known processes that have no detrimental effect on parts may be used. Alkaline degreasing is a typical example.
All the more well-known chemical pickling processes can be used unless they are detrimental to the parts in question. Shot blasting can also be used on suitable components.
- Corrosion resistancePerformance
Coating Thickness: The corrosion resistance of Delta-Tone 9000 will increase with increasing coating thickness and number of coats, it exhibits a self healing effect caused by the migration of zinc corrosion products into damaged areas.
Delta Tone 9000 can be used in areas exposed to heat up to 150°C and is resistant to organic solvents. Delta Tone 9000 provides bimetallic corrosion resistance when used on parts assembled to aluminium.
- Standard protection - salt spray test according to ASTM B117 over 250 h. 20 to 26 g/m² dry coat weight are equivalent to 6 and 8µ dry coat thickness
- Improved protection - salt spray test according to ASTM B117 over 600 h. 32 to 38 g/m² dry coat weight are equivalent to 10 and 12µ dry coat thickness
- Surface treatment Delta Tone 9000
The product has zinc coatings or flakes mixed with resins that combine to a coating which is highly resistant to corrosion. It can be applied by dip coating, cold spinning and spraying.
- From 8 to 10µm, it has a resistance of up to 720h in SST
- Silvery appearance
- Does not weaken the work pieces
- Allows subsequent coatings (basecoat)
- Free of Cr (III) and Cr (VI)
- Does not contain any kind of mutagen or carcinogen substances, nor is it harmful for the skin
- Has cathodic anti-corrosive properties
- Corrosion resistance
- according to DIN EN ISO 9227 (depending upon the build-up of coats, geometry and type of application)
Coefficient of friction
- Coefficient of friction (µtot): without definied coefficient of friction
- suitable for rack and/or bulk parts
- conforms EU End-of-Life Vehicle Directive 2000/53/EC
- conforms EU Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment 2002/95/EC
- no hydrogen embrittlement due to application process
- Special Features
- Cathodic protection by sacrificial corrosion of zinc
- Non-electrolytically applied zinc flake coating acc. to DIN EN ISO 10683 und DIN ES ISO 13858
- Dry film thickness : 4-15 µm
- Colour : Silver
- Curing temperature with max 260°C object temperature
- Available worldwide
- Even layer construction
- Very good adhesion characteristics