Super Duplex 2507 Fasteners
SAF 2507 Fasteners are super-duplex stainless steel fasteners with a PREN value of min. 42*. SAF 2507 Stud Bolts are characterized by very good chloride corrosion resistance, combined with very high mechanical strength. SAF 2507 Nuts & Bolts are particularly suited for use in aggressive environments such as warm chlorinated seawater and acidic, chloride containing media. SAF 2507 Nuts are suitable for service in highly corrosive conditions and where high strength is required, the properties of Sandvik SAF 2507® are being widely used in offshore oil and gas exploration and production and in heat exchangers in petrochemical and chemical processing. The grade is also suitable for hydraulic and instrumentation applications in tropical marine environments.
Using Duplex 2507 must be restricted to applications below 600° F (316° C). Extended elevated temperature exposure can reduce both the toughness and corrosion resistance of alloy 2507.
Duplex 2507 has good mechanical properties. Often a light gauge of 2507 material can be used to achieve the same design strength of a thicker nickel alloy. The resulting weight savings can considerably reduce the overall cost of fabrication.
- High resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
- High Strength.
- Combination of properties given by austenitic and ferritic structure.
- Good weldability and workability.
- Superior resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Good general corrosion resistance.
- Suggested for applications up to 60
- Desalination Equipment.
- Chemical process pressure vessels, piping and heat exchangers.
- Marine Applications.
- Flue Gas Scrubbing Equipment.
- Pulp & Paper Mill Equipment.
- Offshore Oil production/technology.
- Oil and gas industry equipment.
- Zeron 100 FG/FLT/SA
- Ferralium 255
- ASTM A276 UNS S32750
- ASTM A276 UNS S32760
- ASTM A182 F53
- ASTM A182 F55